We will be making changes to the process of obtaining personal assistant tickets (previously know as carer tickets) at Ascot Racecourse, in particular to the proof documentation required for eligibility for personal assistant tickets. This change is in line with Racecourse Association guidelines. Please review the below information, valid from January 2024.
At Ascot, we are committed to providing all customers with the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful experience with each visit. Our access officer can be reached on [email protected]
and is available to answer any questions you may have in advance about your raceday.
As such, should you require a personal assistant in order to visit the racecourse, you are entitled to apply for one complimentary admission ticket for a nominated individual. This needs to be for the same event as you have purchased and is only valid once you have purchased a valid admission ticket for yourself.
The personal assistant must be able to provide you with appropriate assistance which might include:
- • assisting you in moving around the racecourse;
- • helping you evacuate the racecourse in the event of an emergency;
- • accompanying and/or assist you in using the racecourse’s toilets;
- • assisting you in purchasing refreshments and food or using other services.
Please note that the personal assistant admission policy does not apply to disabled persons 17 and under as it is racecourse policy that all persons under the age of 17 must be accompanied at all times in any event by a responsible adult who must purchase their own ticket.
The complimentary admission ticket provided to your personal assistant will carry the same conditions as the admission ticket that you hold.
The eligibility criteria for complimentary personal assistant admission are regularly reviewed and the racecourse reserves the right to update them from time to time. Currently, those who receive one of the following benefits are eligible to apply for a free personal assistant ticket:
- • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- • Attendance Allowance (AA)
- • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- • Additionally, people who are Registered Blind are also eligible.
Please note that, in all cases, the racecourse reserves the right to nevertheless decline to accept an application or to request additional supporting documentation if, in the racecourse's view and discretion, there is reasonable doubt that the applicant would be at a substantial disadvantage in attending without a personal assistant given the accessible facilities and services available at the racecourse.Required Supporting Documentation
When applying for your complimentary personal assistant ticket the following supporting documentation will be required in respect of one of the benefits referred to above:
• A copy of the awarding letter from DWP or statement confirming receipt of the allowance;
• Photo ID which matches the details of the recipient of the above.
• Alternatively, if you are a Registered Blind Person then a photocopy of certification and matching photo ID is required.
Please note that a Blue Badge is not accepted as evidence of eligibility.How to apply
Complimentary personal assistant tickets must be booked in advance, either by telephone 0344 346 3000
or via email on [email protected]
Tickets will be dispatched digitally a week or two prior to the raceday, alternatively personal assistant tickets can be picked up on the day at Ticket Office East, if collecting on the day you will need to present the aforementioned ID and proof of eligibility on arrival at the Ticket Office.